Saturday, September 10, 2005

I survived

By God's free grace alone I survived watching "Beaches." As I mentioned in an earlier entry, Olivia and I made a deal: if I watch the chick flick of her choosing then she would then watch all six Star Wars movies. Why did I do this? Because I love Star Wars and nothing would make me happier than to know that Olivia AND Warren can now watch the glory of the Star Wars Universe together at last.

Anywho, so I watched "Beaches." For a chick flick it wasn't too bad. The acting was well done. Sad ending though.

In case you're wondering if Case of Base cried ... you should know me better than that =). No, I most certainly did NOT shed any tears.

What was the moral of the story? To be true to your friends in good and bad times, and to enjoy those friendships for as long as you have them. As a Christian I cannot help but add that it is God who blesses us with friendships.

Will I watch "Beaches" again? In the event that my future wife has a burning desire to watch the film, then, and only then, would I consider watching it with her =).

Rusty

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring on Star Wars. :-)

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home