Saturday, August 06, 2005

Burn Baby Burn!

Updates, shmupdates.

Time to inform the blogosphere about some recent changes in the life of CoB. First off, John and I have been lifting weights for about 6 or 7 weeks now. I've been running for 30 minutes (about 3 miles) every day. And yes, I have been keeping a close eye on my diet.

Obviously, this means that I no longer drink coffee, because if I ordered a size Grande at Bucks, I need to add 6 packs of sugar. Mmm, Starbucks. So delighlicious.

Also, no Coca-Cola Classic! Let's face it, one can of soda undoes everything I accomplish in 30 minutes of cardiovascular. (The Dark Knight is trying to get me into Diet Coke. But as I see it, if I'm gonna drink Coke, I'm gonna do the real thing).

John and I go to a Pure Fitness gym in Chandler. It's p. good for what we need.

Oh, I almost forgot! There is one other minor announcement: I have begun taking protein.



After seeking some counsel from the Dark Knight and Gambit, I bought some EAS Protein. It comes in chocolate and vanilla. I chose chocolate. Yummy, chocolatey goodness! It sure was odd going to health stores for the first time in my life: GNC, House of Fitness, and Hi-Health. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

You might be thinking: So it's been about two months of regular workouts. How is Casey feeling? Answer:



(click the images to view the full size)

And verily, much w00tage did thus fill the land

*Flexes for the crowd*
Case of Base

5 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Maybe I'm just stupid, but who are the Dark Knight and Gambit?

BTW I know that they are super heroes.

You don't have to give up coffee. Coffee has no calories in it. You can also use sugar substitues for sweetening purposes. Splenda, Equal, Sweet 'n' Low...whatever. Or you can get sugar-free vanilla syrup in it. DON'T GIVE UP COFFEE!!! ITS THE MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Also, WTG on the getting in shape. You are far more motivated than I.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger rustypth said...

the Dark Knight = Simon Escobedo

Gambit = Warren Smith

both are guys from church.

I know, technically I wouldn't HAVE to give up coffee, but if I drink something, I'm gonna go all out and enjoy it the way that tastes the best =). I'm not giving up coffee ... it's more like taking a long long vacation from it

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger rustypth said...

I guess this means that I'm also taking an extended vacation from Crispy Cream Donuts. *sniff sniff* They're just so ... so ... so warm and fluffy and delicious. Oh, and to dip them in ice cold milk. They practically melt in your mouth!

*begins to sob softly in the corner*

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger kletois said...

Dude,
I've never darkened the door of a gym, never took 'protein' (like baby formula), and I still have bigger muscles than you. Must have been the 80lbs buckets I carried around every day at work I suppose. Im off to grab a coke (classic). Later. :-)

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger FX Turk said...

Counting calories is 100% of the battle, bub. I was walking 3 miles every day and eating "less" for 5 weeks and lost 2 lbs. I started eating more fruits and veggies, less meat, dropped my soda intake down to 20 oz per week, and in 2 weeks I dropped 6 lbs.

Also, got on the treadmill and set the goal of 350 calories rather than time or distance.

FWIW, getting rid of the caffein has long-term health benefits -- like helping you maintain a low BP. If you can get off the coffee and Coke, stay off.

It's lifestyle. And you're not 40 -- you could get fit quickly.

Work it, bro. Mean and lean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home