Friday, August 12, 2005

Adventures at the Gym

John and I have been using our free personal training sessions with a guy named Kylie. Before we get started Kylie has us do cardio for 10 minutes as a warm up. For our first session, John and I hop on these "stride" machines. Your feet are locked in and your steps go in an oval shape, front to back. After 3 minutes on this machine my thighs were tired. I looked at John (who was on the next machine) and he seemed to be doing better than me. Five minutes goes by, now Im exhausted! I could not believe this was soooo difficult! Thankfully, Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone" came on, which at least gave me the strength to finish strong. Even though I'm running every day for 30 minutes at about 6 mph, this machine was killing me. I was perplexed that this Machine of Death could punish my legs to such a degree! Yes, the official name for that stride machine is now The Machine of Death. In case you're wondering, I used The Machine of Death today, and regretted such a foolish decision the moment I started =).

Whats next? ...

When we're done with our workout we always wash our hands. Now, you need to understand that their soap has been this liquidy, light bluish color okay? So today, we walk into the locker room, and up to the sink. When I push the dispenser for some soap, out pops this thick, dark red, slimy, snot-like, goop! "Oooooeeeeeeeeeeeew!" I screamed! John looks over and yells, "What the heak is that?!" Immediately I rinsed it off and left without washing my hands. Disgusting! Someone's gotta complain about that soap - it seriously looks like someone's stomach. You can thank me for the mental picture later *grin*

I love my gym. Really, I do. Yay for weights.

Its time to pump *pounds his chest then points to the audience* you up!
Rusty

3 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Blogger rustypth said...

I'll never beat you Janks =).

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Kelly Clarkson stinks!!!

But going to the gym is cool!!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

You know there is worse soap than that bro! I'm talking about that powdery kind of soap that you can only get from the gas stations in the middle of who knows where and then they only have those towels (not paper towels)that keep going around and around getting dirtier and dirtier. They are the kind of towels that make you wonder if Bubba the beast came in before you to wipe his snotty nose. Yeah, if you don't know what I'm talking about, you definitely need to go on a road trip. It is actually a good experience. Anyway, I hope this encourages you with your own soap dilemma. . . it could be worse! Brent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home