Friday, August 12, 2005

Sunday Skewl

Pastor Fry has asked me to help teach our Wendesday night junior high class. I said yes, of course =). Not only did I lead a group of junior high boys in the youth group at my old church, but I've been working with junior highers for the past year. Oh yea, I do hope to teach junior history pretty soon here =).

I sat in a couple classes to observe how our church does things, then taught last night!

Before I began, I passed out notecards to each student. On their cards they told me a little about themselves - questions I asked them: Name, age, school, favorite subject in school, favorite movie, and one other unique thing about themselves. As I was collecting their cards I skimmed over their replies - half the class had as their favorite movie: "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith"!!! I was so proud of them! It gets better people ... one of the girls had written down her favorite song instead of a movie: "I want to break away." I asked her: "Is this 'Break Away' by Kelly Clarkson?" She nodded yes. My night was made =).

For my first lesson I was told that I could teach on any subject. After considering some options I decided to teach on the Second Coming of Christ. Instead of covering HOW everything will work out (not that I have this figured out anyways!), I went over how we ought to live as Christian people until His return, then what follows His return. The primary text was Matthew 25:14-30. In fact, we first acted out a modern version of this passage.

Next, we briefly discussed the Final Day of Judgment - Matthew 25:31-46. I emphasized the dividing of the sheep from the goats; believers led onto eternal life, unbelievers cast into Hell.

I concluded with the gospel.

The class was attentive. Very enjoyable. We have a rotation of four men teaching this class, so that we don't continually miss the men's prayer meeting.

For two years now I have been at PRBC, and I finally have the opportunity to serve in the church. I am honored.

An aspiring teacher,
Case of Base

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Hey brother Case,

You know how cool I think jr. highers are, so I just wanted to let you know that I'm stoked that you had a chance to use your gifts to encourage them. Keep it up bro! Brent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home