Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Girls

It's becoming clear that once every three months a post about girls seems to show up. Guess I shouldn't stop now =). After all, there are only two topics worth discussing: (1) God, and (2) girls.

I'm still trusting God that He will bring me the right girl. In the meantime I've really appreciated Dashboard Confessional, The Format, and Mae.

I remember some excellent adivce that Eddie McKee gave me a while back: "Be busy about the Lord's work until He provides a girl." Thanks Eddie.

"I've written a note,
it's pressed between pages
that you've marked to find your way back.
It says "Does he ever get the girl?"
But what if the pages stay pressed,
the chapters unfinished,
the stories too dull to unfold?
Does he ever get the girl?"

-- Dashboard

The Single Guy,
CoB

5 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Hey man, we are in the same boat together, only I've never been on a date either. So yeah...Girls are stupid...in general

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

esther - that was Dre and then Janet who said it =). I'm completely innocent, honest

btw, is this the famous esther?

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey,

The grace of God can be seen in the fact that I have been blessed with my wife of 10 years (this past July).

You may find a woman who is charming and think that this is who you should marry. You may find a woman who is beautiful and think that you have hit the jackpot.

But, says a wise man, "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised."

The greatest earthy passion in your life should have as her greatest possible passion the Lord Jesus Christ.

Gob

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, it is good to know that you actually notice girls, because whenever we have studied Greek at that Coco's, Jim sure noticed them, but somehow they escaped your notice...due to your nose being firmly planted in a Greek text.

Gob

 
At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dashboard? Casey no! Emo has so much to offer...and you pick them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home