Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Welcoming Back a Brother

Many of you know that just two years ago a handful of my friends embraced a damnable heresy known as Hyper-Preterism, the belief that ALL eschatology is completely fulfilled (including the final return of Christ, the resurrection of the dead, the final judgment and the new heavens and earth).

After many late night discussions at Starbucks and some sougt counsel from my elders, I broke fellowship with these friends. It has been two years. And with the exception of Scott, I hadn't spoken to any of them.

Then last week, Mark gave me a call asking to meet with me. He expressed a desire to "clear up what's happened in our past." Mark could have meant any number of things, so I was pretty nervous about the meeting. Was he gonna ask me to pretend like nothing happened so we could be friends again? Or would he really make things right?

We ended up meeting Friday morning at Starbucks. 25 minutes was spent catching up, then Mark directed the conversation to the reason we were meeting. How he began set the precedent for the entirety of our conversation - Mark began by informing me of his repentance from Hyper-Preterism, then apologized for being deceived and deceiving others. It was at this moment that a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. If you know me at all, you know how much this whole ordeal has really been a burden to me. It felt wonderful to feel resolution for everything that has happened! The rest of our time was made up of sharing our stories with each other since departing company. He told me how God has been working in his life. I was greatly encouraged!

One of the memorable things Mark said was how he viewed me for so long as his enemy, but now as his friend. I came very close to tears for much of our time together. I cannot express to you how much that meeting meant to me. Mark has demonstrated true repentance and I praise our God that He has answered my prayers for him. Isn't our God a merciful God?

Mark and I hugged as we left, and I have not stopped thanking God for such a blessing that was bestowed upon me. Thank You Lord! Thank You for granting repentance to Mark. Thank You for giving Mark and I true peace.

(I'll post on Cali as soon as I get my pics/vids loaded =))

"There's something 'bout the Midwest honey, oh that makes me miss you more than life"
Rusty

4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Case! I remember how much of a burden this whole thing was for you. I am encouraged that you never stopped praying for Mark, and God heard and answered your prayer.

Praise the Lord!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger MarieP said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger MarieP said...

Glory to God! That's wonderful news!

Did the convo go something like this? ;)

Case: So, about that hyper-preterism thing...

Mark: Nah, that's all in the past!

9:23 AM
Delete

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Awesome, Jesus truly is faithful to complete a good work in us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home