Saturday, September 10, 2005

Remember Cedric

*** WARNING - this entry contains spoilers from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*** If you have not read the book, please, do not read this entry. Read the book =)

This is your second WARNING *grin*. If you have not read the book, you are not supposed to read this entry.

   "Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again--in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
   It is my belief--and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken--that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst.
   Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory." (Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Pgs. 723-24).

I finished Harry Potter's fourth year last night. This book is amazing. Year 1 was great. Year 2 was better. Year 3, better still! But year 4 is incredible. I'm sure you agree with me that out of the four books, the Goblet of Fire is by far the best!

The last 100 pages were so intense I couldn't put the book down. It was late, and I had to be up early in the morning. But how could I go to sleep once Voldemort was back!!!

I was completely caught off guard when Harry and Cedric were transported by the Goblet of Fire acting as a gate. And when Cedric died, oh man.

And Harry r0x0rz man! Voldemort is such an arrogant fool. Evil never triumphs in the end. Did anyone else want to kill Lucius yourself? Jeeze, I knew he was a Death Eater! Grrr

So when I got to Dumbledore's speech (appearing above), I nearly cried. It was a serious moment. This felt like the second climax of the book.

Welp, I've started the Order of the Phoenix and I can't get enough of it.

One prediction I will make and that I hope happens: Harry and Hermione get together and ultimately get married. (Please don't comment on this though - if year 5 and 6 go in another direction, I do not wanna find out via blog. I wanna discover for myself) =)

To all the HP fans out there: thanks for sharing this little moment with me.

RustyPotter

3 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Hobster said...

Told you that your world was about to be rocked :)

And as for the thing with Harry and Herm...

nahhh, just kidding

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE that u deny the truth you know is coming about harry and hermeione

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Hey Case, I just wanted to let you know that I didn't read this article. Yep, I've yet to watch any of the Harry Potter movies. I had tried watching the first one a few years ago, but fell asleep. I'll have to give it another chance I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home