Saturday, November 18, 2006

First Impressions

I saw Happy Feet with some buds tonight. My real motivation in seeing the movie was because the Harry Potter OOTP teaser trailer would be playing. The trailer was great. It looks like it'll be the best one, again.

Happy Feet was great. I laughed from beginning to end, even during the semi-serious moments ( once you see it, you'll understand why). Animation was spectacular; truly the best animation done to date. The dancing was contagious. In fact, I could hardly sit still in my seat.

My only criticism of the film was the not-so-hidden agenda that showed up near the end of the movie: humans are evil. Because human beings are the dominant creatures on planet earth, we are inherently bad. The implication was almost: don't cut down trees, don't kill any animals. Just, cease existing. And when you consider the cast for Happy Feet, it is no wonder such an agenda shows its ugly face.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT, I sincerely laughed for much of the film. It was cute, and filled with clean, genuine humor.

3 out of 5 stars.

Rusty

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Lockheed said...

i bet penguins taste like chicken

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Mmm, chicken

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

I too enjoyed the movie thoroughly. I'm glad you had a great time watching it. One friend commented, "if you only had to sing to get a girl, that'd be great." Fun times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home