Saturday, November 04, 2006

Never give up; never surrender

I wanted to share some things that have developed in my view of dating, love, girls – all that good stuff.

Most importantly, I am always always always hopeful towards dating, love and girls. When a friend tells me that he is interested in a girl (if there aren’t any major religious conflicts with the girl), I always encourage him to go for it. When a couple is struggling I hope they work things out, and offer advice to see that it does. I do my best to live like I really believe these things. When Iiii am interested in a girl I do my very best to pursue her.

If you didn’t already know, the title of this entry is from Galaxy Quest. “Never give up; never surrender.” That’s how I feel towards romance. If you want to get married then never, under any circumstances give up looking. God will provide a girl, so why worry about that? Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be looking, but never fret =).

Eddie McKee, a dear friend in the Lord, offered this advice to me years ago one afternoon during lunch: “Be busy about the Lord’s work, and He will provide you with a wife.” I really believe this to be true.

Finally, I just want to say that the reason I am probably so passionate about this subject is because I know that once you find the right person it is so worth it. That’s what I look forward to.

I’m a hopeless romantic, what can I say?

Thanks for reading this very non-chalant entry.

The Rusted One

3 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your determination to find her as well as your trust in our sovereign, benevolent God! He will provide. I'm just excited to see exactly WHO she'll turn out to be. And you're right: keep busy about the Lord's work!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Ahh, the ladies. They have managed to avoid my charms for 24 years. You may ask, "how is that possible?" I have asked myself the same question.

My guess, I need to stop using a precision rifle of love and start using the shotgun of love. With a nice spread of finely placed bullets, I'm bound to hit at least one of them.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Great wisdom my brother. I love the thought of just running hard towards Christ and glancing to the right or left and seeing a girl running just as hard. . . the logical conclusion then is for these two people toward Christ together. Yippee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home