Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Emails to a Mormon (somewhat borrowed title) - Part 7

Well, I hate to admit defeat. But, I cannot prove it. Nice job! All I can do now is ask that you kneel down in humble prayer to your Heavenly Father and ask if there are others exalted to godhood in existence. But, I doubt that will happen, being that I'm a Mormon asking you to do that... lol. But, nice work, you beat me in the text. I fly my white flag.

-Danny

--------------------------------------------------------------

My reply:

Danny,

The only question I have for you is this: how can you go on believing in polytheism (the belief in many true gods) now that you know that at least three passages in the Bible support monotheism (the belief in only one true god)?

You said, "Well, I hate to admit defeat. But, I cannot prove it. Nice job! All I can do now is ask that you kneel down in humble prayer to your Heavenly Father and ask if there are others exalted to godhood in existence. But, I doubt that will happen, being that I'm a Mormon asking you to do that... lol. But, nice work, you beat me in the text. I fly my white flag."

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? Maybe I'm reading you wrong. If so, I apologize. If not, you should know that the only reason I would have a discussion with you about monotheism vs. polytheism is because it is my desire that you turn from worshiping the god of Mormonism (as well as turning from the belief in other true gods) and worship the one true god of the Bible (who has no gods before him, and none after him). I imagine you would say the same for me - only the positions being reversed.

In any case, if this is where you choose to end our discussion, I will continue praying for you. If you would like to continue our discussion now or at any time in the future, you need only provide your exegesis of the three passages we've looked at.

Thanks Danny,
Casey Ryan
AOMin

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

I've been super encouraged to read this string of e-mails sharing the gospel with Danny. I will be interested to hear his response to this past e-mail. It's amazing how people can respond differently to the presentation of the gospel. There is a guy named Danny on my team here at work, he's LDS, I wonder...

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Lockheed said...

Good stuff, I think the fellow realized the bankruptcy of his position (at least as he knows it currently.)

On that note... maple lattes are nasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home