Tuesday, August 08, 2006

3 John 1:4

Sunday afternoon I was able to hang out with my old dgroup from GCC. I’ve said this many times before, and I gladly say it again: those boys were the most difficult part about leaving Grace Community.

We ate some health food (haha, yea right), then spend about an hour and a half talking about the hypostatic union of Christ – and it wasn’t even MY idea =). One of the students had a question about how God can be said to not change (Mal 3:6) if God the Son took on a human nature. Excellent question! I was amazed at the intelligence of the question! Clearly it was something that this particular guy, Joseph, had thought through and wanted to reconcile this issue so as to better understand his Lord. Isn’t that the desire of all Christians – to know more about the triune God?

Once we finished, Dan and I chatted for at least a couple hours. Dan is a dear brother whose friendship I value greatly. He is without a doubt one of my best friends. He took the guys on a service trip to Central America, and had some joyous times with them. As he told me about the trip I teared up more than once … and for different reasons. I was overjoyed to hear of how the Lord blessed their work. I thanked God when I heard of their love for one another. I was moved to hear of how much they have spiritually matured.

Though I have told all of our guys many times over the years how much I care about them, I don’t think they really know the depth of my love for them. I know Dan would say the same thing. I have watched them grow up since they were little sevies. Now they stand ever so much taller than me as seniors in high school! LOL.

Truly they are my glory and my joy.

Thanks for letting me boast about these guys. They are all eternally IT with BLOG TAG, no double tag backs. Aha!

3 John 1:4, "I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." (NASB).

Because of Christ, the Lord,
Case

4 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

isn't it a joy to see those kids that you love grow up to love Jesus?

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

Hm. I'm beginnning to understand both the joys and pains of leading others in following our great God and Savior. Having joined student ministries recently, I have been blessed tremendously already by watching my guys grow in the grow and knowledge of our Savior.

It's encouraging to hear how much you really care about them. Keep fighting the good fight.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Joshua Seek said...

yaaaaay

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Brother,

Your love for these guys encourages me as I desire to love my guys with the same love. Keep it up brother! Brent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home