Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pirates

Believe it or not, I only have a few things to say about Pirates. It was overly long. By this I mean that there were jarbled portions of the film that were almost irrelevant to the plot. The acting was so-so. I wasn’t impressed by the special effects. The plot did not excite me. In fact, I was so bored that I almost fell asleep (which is unheard of in the official Casey Ryan Chronicles (Purchase your copy today!)). To summarize in one word: snooooooooring!

So do yourself a favor and skip Pirates. Instead, see the movie of the year: Superman Returns =)

8 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Hobster said...

sadly, that's pretty much what I've heard, too...my sister said it worked if you thought of it as a long commercial for Pirates 3

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Yeah i haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it was kinda blah.

Oh and Superman was not he movie of the year. It was boring. If I wanted to watch the first Superman movie over again (which I liked quite a lot) I would just watch that one.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

jayj - a very important person in the blogosphere wrote a MAJOR blog entry defending Superman Returns as the movie of the year. So there.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Superman was filler material, sadly.

However, I would have to semi-agree with you about Pirates. There were some great Captain Jack quotes... but he's the only one who kept the movie alive. The acting was incredibly sub-par, and the screenplay sank into forgettable nothingness. But that's a good description for it... a long commercial for Pirates 3, and no mistake!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Who is the important person that wrote such a review of Superman. Is it you?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Why I'm flattered Jayj! =)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger kletois said...

I really wanted to like Superman Returns. My verdict: Superman Returns is a second rate remake of Superman the Movie.
So, if people are begging to waste money on something, my Visa card needs paying off.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

"YAR! this movie had too many pirates and not enough ninjas!"

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home