Monday, September 11, 2006

Emails to a Mormon (somewhat borrowed title) - Part 2

I'm sorry that I had said these things to you. It was out of mere haste of words. I now understand. I'm sorry for the language I used. And, I believe in the God of Abraham, and in his son, Jesus Christ, and in a holy spirit. I believe in two "gods", a Heavenly Father (God Of Abraham) and His son, Jesus. I apologize.

Danny

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My response:

Danny,

Don't you believe that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are three gods? Furthermore, don't you recognize that there are many other gods that exist? - gods that have existed before the Father, and gods that have been exalted to godhood after the Father?

I believe there is only one true god in existence. This is called Monotheism. Your view is called polytheism, the belief in more than one true god.

I look forward to hearing from you =)

Casey Ryan
AOMin

8 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on your convo. I haven't done much apologetics with Mormons so these are very insightful for me!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your conversations with Danny. Very interesting...I'm in conversation at the moment with a mormon. Stay strong brother!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Man, it's been ages since I've even seen a member of the LDS church!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Lockheed said...

Interesting to see an apology on his part. BTW, what's your favorite coffee drink.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Chai Latte. Though I usually get it iced with a single shot of espresso added to it. Here's how you would call my order: "Iced Single Venti Non-Fat Tazo Chait Tea Latte for Case of Base"

My second favorite would probably be our eggnog latte, but that won't be out again for a couple months.

Right now we do have our pumpkin spice latte!!! It's good, but not as good as chai, imho.

Next, I'd recommend our Iced Caramel Macchiatto. It's a layered drink: vanilla syrip, milk, shots of espresso, then caramel drizzle. mmmmm. I had one last night.

=)

Of course, our coffee is good too. $1.62 for a tall.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

both chai latte and pumpkin spice latte can come iced or hot btw, as well as a frappucino (blended).

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lockheed said...

Ok, I'm tracking with with the chai... but... carmel frap? Don't you know that's a girl's drink?! ;)

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger rustypth said...

caramel frappucino? yuck. I'm talking about the Caramel Macchiatto, mmm.

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home