Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mmhmm

Where have all the blog entries gone??? Weeeeeeell, the past two weeks have been crazy busy for me. Moved into our new apartment. Lovin it. Bought sofas, a TV, sound system, groceries (just had to throw that in there, lol). The internet has been out until yesterday!!! Argh! But thankfully, Cox was able to fix whatever the problem was on their end. So now everything’s settled.

Funny story … so we went to pick up our TV yesterday near Deer Valley – which for the folks not from the Valley, Deer Valley is a 45 minute drive on the freeway. Scott and I got up early and made our way out there. Right as we get there it starts pouring down rain. I cannot remember seeing it rain this hard. We hoped it might lighten up after a few minutes. No luck. We were forced to head all the way home and come back later, possibly next week to pick up this TV we’d already waited a week to pick up. On the drive home, the rain was depresingly thick. After a few minutes, I couldn’t help but be reminded of how much I am not in control of my life. God is in control. Everything that happened that morning was part of God’s perfect predestined purpose. Therefore I have no choice but to accept it, and thank God for His goodness to me. Turns out we were able to make the long trek again later that evening to get our beautiful television. Anywho, good stuff.

Right now I’m refreshing on the KJV Only issue because I have a good friend who is KJV Only. I will then be re-reading Scripture Alone by Elder James. Then Disputations of Holy Scripture by William Whitaker about Sola Scriptura! w00t!

That’s it for now. Hope everyone’s havin a jazzed weekend

Rusty

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Well welcome back to the blogosphere. We missed you

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

I also look forward to reading scripture alone... it's funny how many issues come back to the authority of God's Word... well, I guess every issue DOES! Which is why we should be passionate about what our God has revealed to us!

Keep studying to show yourself approved. I'm encouraged by your faithfulness.

Sola Deo Gloria

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Adam said...

i just finished Scripture Alone! Wasn't exactly a straight through read due to work, but it served it's purpose (instill some passion for learning more.) Think I'll read it again, then the books quoted! Starting with David King and William Webster's book!

Take care Casey

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger MarieP said...

Blog is updated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home