Monday, July 03, 2006

I don't blame people for their mistakes...

Friday night was my first busy night working at Bucks. This was also my first time on the register. Earlier in the day I finished my training module that supposedly prepared me to do all things glorious using the register – eh, it does a pretty good job. After two hours of the line clear to the door I learned quite a bit about the register. In fact, I’ve been thinking of giving both registers a name (too bad “Leia” is already taken by my truck).

Seriously though, I had a blast. I was excited to be there. They threw me to the wolves, and now I fear nothing. I can handle anything they throw at me. Still got a ton to learn, but I know I can do it.

My partners (aka co-workers) are truly wonderful people. Everyone is friendly. Everyone is encouraging. To say they have been helpful to me in my training would be a huge understatement.

So my shift is coming to a close, and it’s just Patrick, Ericka, and I. I don’t know the back-story to what happened exactly, but Ericka did some minor slip-up – who cares. Patrick, totally kidding, says in a serious tone: “I don’t blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them…”

LOL! I busted up laughing. I knew he was quoting some movie, but couldn’t put my finger on it.

Any guesses???



Jurassic Park. Mr. Hammond says that to Dennis.

Anyways, it was a classic moment. You rock Patrick.

If you’re in the neighborhood, come by and see me. I open and close.

Case of Base, now more caffeinated than ever!

5 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Adam said...

So I hear you got to work with my girlfriend (Whitney.) I'll have to stop by in December and get some Caseyfied coffee

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Whitney was sooo fun to work with. In fact, she made my first night on the register a joy. She answered all of my bazillion questions with an aura of calm. Great worker too.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Nice...just what we need you at Starbucks as a partner. So glad I jumped that ship! JK. I am glad you like it and say hello to James, Patrick, Jimmy, and the others....I am really bad with names. (actually I am there most days a week I will just tell them and you when I get there)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

They threw you to the wolves, aye?

Welp, I'm just glad you're wearing an apron now...

;)

great quote, btw. I'm sure I'll be hearing that many more times before the year is up

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Patrick is very cool.

(He doesn't know me, but I know him. Stapley Bucks is a long-time haunt of mine.)

Anyways, great quote...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home