Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...eeeeeeverywhere yooouuuu goooo

Today is the first of December (actually, as I'm writing this it's the 2nd, but no one will know that because I've doctored the timestamp).

Don't you just love December? There's just something in the air that makes you happier. Like so many cultures before us, America has an annual holiday season. Of course, as Christians we celebrate the original intent of this holiday season: the birth of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. And December 25th is rapidly approaching =). The build up to that special day is what fills the whole month with anticipation.

Last weekend we hung the Christmas lights on our house - I'll post a pic later. We're putting up the rest of our decorations this weekend.

The week after that we're buying a tree (a real tree, not one of those fake ones. We'd rather have a fire hazard than give up the smell and mess of a real tree =) ) At some point my parents will coerce me and my bros to decorate the tree together. I think it's a Ryan family tradition to listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks' Christmas during this ocassion.

As if this wasn't enough, our office is decorated, like hardcore. The windows are painted with snow, trees, wreaths. We have decorations scattered throughout the office. We even have a tree with lights and an angel!

I've begun listening to the Christmas radio station 99.9FM. Other than Beth and Bill taking up a lot of quality music time in the mornings, it's a great station. Launch.com's "Traditional Christmas" station is also wonderful.

Starbucks. O that haven of sanctified coffee beans! They too are getting into the holiday spirit. Officially they don't celebrate Christmas, but they do have little Christmas trees and "Christmasy" decorations in their stores. MOST importantly, they are now serving the season beverages. Eggnog Latte is my personal favorite. I don't want to know how many calories it has, but I'm sure it's more than I need =).

Oh, one more thing. I have decided that I like sweaters. I think I might go shopping this week - but before the ladies get any ideas ... I will be carefully planning what stores to visit ahead of time with specific items in mind. So yea, sweaters. They're comfortable and warm. Some friends of mine want me to wear my Gryffindor scarf when I'm out and about. Can you imagine how many convos that would start? =)

If you're wondering the purpose of this entry? To get you into the spirit of the Christmas season o' course!
*grin*

Happy Christmas!
Rusty

2 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger kletois said...

No wonder no one comments on your blog entries, you take all the controversial stuff out ;-)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your entry Case, it's nice to see a guy that does enjoy the christmas season and it's songs :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home