Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ready for the fourth year @ Hogwarts



The Goblet of Fire is released tomorrow!!! Is everyone else uber excited?! I bought my advanced ticket for the 12:01am showing. I was gonna go by myself but then all of my friends bought tickets in my theater *grin*. It will be a grand time.

You should know that I seriously considered dressing up for the movie. Unfortunately I decided against it. Here are my thoughts about dat: (1) I didn't dress up for the best movie of the year, so how inconsistent would I be if I dressed up for the year's second best? (2) Wouldn't popcorn grease get all over my beautiful robe? =) (3) I am a little too prideful to dress up as Harry Potter. I could've handled dressing up as the most powerful force-sensitive-user ever (I'd like to give credit to kletois for this description).

Still got school, work, Greek (this week, Dr. James R. White is teaching my class. He'll be giving an exegetical insight of his choice. w00t!), Bucks somewhere in there. THEN the movie.

and verily, much w00tage did thus fill the land

If you've missed all the trailers/clips

Ready for the fourth year @ Hogwarts,
Rusty

4 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger kletois said...

If SWIII is better than HP, then that will make HP the third best film of the year. Serenity was better than SWIII (and it didnt have to try too hard).You can disagree all you like - tough :P

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Hobster said...

so, rusty, where's the review? C'mon, man!

w/o having seen those other 2 yet, kletois, you're probably right about Serenity not having to try too hard to be better than Ep III, but better than Goblet? That will take some effort...

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

The righteous [things] are always persecuted ... STAR WARS *cough cough*

If you're not a fan, then no one wants to hear your criticism of Star Wars, especially ROTS =)

I enjoyed Serenity, but it was not as good as ROTS, hands down. Again, I point to the Box Office, the fan base, the impact on American culture.

And yes, GoF is better than Serenity =). I would say that Serenity is the fourth best movie so far this year. ROTS, GoF, Batman, THEN Serenity =)

I spose I could have simply said: "I appreciate your call..." like any good political radio talk show host, but ... I'm not a talk show host =). Plus, where's the fun in that? Thanks for listening.

Go Star Wars! Go Harry Potter!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger kletois said...

I have to admit, Batman Begins was a suprise, though I cringed when a 2 tonne machine landed on a shale roof and just drove over it. Thats like me catching a freight train with my bare hands and slowing it to a stop in 12 feet.
Batman Begins was a definite improvement on the past incarnations of the story. I cant wait to see GoF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home