Saturday, June 11, 2005

Birthdays!!!

Greetings from afar! It has been far too long since my last update. gooOOSH

I've kept busy. I'm taking Educational Psychology for the summer session 1 semester. It's everything I hoped it would be, and more! (I'm really obnoxious, I know).

Yesterday was my dad's 50th birthday. Today is my mom's birthday ... we dont proclaim a woman's age remember? Weeeell, last Saturday we had a surprise dinner for my dad. He was completely caught off guard because it was the weekend before his birthday. All of his co-workers were there. My Aunt Kim from Kentucky was able to fly out. My grandparents were there. Last, but not least, me and my bro's made an appearance. So he shows up, and we do the whole SURPRISE! thing - you know the drill. Well he's blown away. The best part is, this wasn't the big surprise. My mom was going to send him and my youngest brother Cory to Alaska from Wednesday to Sunday. This was the perfect present because if you know my dad, all he talks about is the trip he and my mom took to Alaska last summer. Once he found out that he was going again, his eyes got watery, and then got up to kiss my mom. It was one of those moments I will always remember. Dad and Cory are in Alaska right now fishing like no man has fished before.

Yesterday was my dads bday. Today is my moms. I usually forget which is which, but with my dad on his trip, it's easier for me to remember for some reason. Anyways, I am incredibly proud of myself because of the gift and card that I bought for Mom. Aunt Kim is my mom's best friend, and she was kind enough to inform me that she wanted a black purse. Soooo, everyone put on their imagination caps and give ear to "The Tale of Casey's Journey Through the Department Stores" ... Casey felt out of place as he shuffled his feet towards the massive buildings that some call the "Department Stores." Now, Casey is not an avid shopper and did not comprehend the impossible task that lay before him. Casey was here for one reason and one reason only: to buy a black purse. "A black purse, I must find. I shall leave this place victorious," Casey muttered to himself. His first attempt was in a structure called "Dillards." Even though the young man is not a professional shopper by any standard, he easily recognized that this "Dillards" had a poor selection. For personal reasons the storyteller shall refrain from informing the reader of the amount of time it took Casey to realize that "Dillard's" selection was lacking. His next adventure would occur in a different large structure called "Robinsons-May." After wandering aimlessly around the large area dedicated solely to products that women use to color up their faces, Casey wised up and asked for guidance to the purse section. The moveable stairs led him down to the lower level. He took a hard right and suddenly, there they were - the purse layer. Unlike "Dillards," "Robinsons-May" had hundreds of items to choose from. "Perhaps this quest is more difficult than I originally thought," Casey thought to himself, "but I must choose, and choose wisely!" He carefully avoided eye-contact with anyone in the purse layer so as to not be remembered as the first male to ever tread in such dangerous terrain. Everywhere he looked, mountains of purses lined the shelves! Casey was nearly overcome by the sheer terror of it all when a spy approached the young man and asked if she could be of any assistance. The innocent young man could not have known the woman's true intentions. Did she really want to help? Was she trying to discover his identity so as to make a public spectacle of him? It was then that Casey remembered the wise words of Frodo-Baggins: "We have no choice but to trust him." "Thanks Frodo," Casey said aloud. "Im sorry?" the woman asked. "Oh, umm. Yes, thanks. I need some help finding a purse," he replied. The spy turned out to be a maiden of the purse layer. She was of great help. Together they discovered the perfect gift and then journeyed through the aisles to the cash register so he might barter for the item. Casey offered some green pieces of paper - an unusual method of payment to be sure - and the trade was successful. Casey hurriedly left that horrific place, never to return. "I am victorious!" he shouted as he arrived at his mode of transportation. Casey lived happily ever after. Oh, and the moral of this story: if a member of the male species desirest to embark on a shopping quest, he ought to invite a member of the female species to guide him safely through. Amen, and amen.

*Whew*

So yea. Ill let you know if my mom ends up keeping the purse I bought her, or if she exchanges it =).

Dba dba dba dba thats all folks. Ill post more lata, Lw

Case of Base

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home