Sunday, May 15, 2005

SW: Ep3: ROTS

In just three days, Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comes to a theater near you. Can you feel the excitement in the air? As I sit here typing this, I can barely contain mine =).

This is the film that ties the original and prequal series together. Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader. The Jedi are destroyed (weeeeell okay, all but two are destroyed). The Galactic Republic becomes the Galactic Empire. Sith shall once more rule the galaxy.

There are some key things that I will particularly enjoy watching: (1) I want to see the look on Yoda's face once he's realized that he has been fooled by the Dark Lord of the Sith. (2) Anakin, not struggling to embrace the Dark Side, but staring it in the face and running after it. (3) The emotional tension between Anakin/Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi.

If you haven't seen all of the trailers and tv ads <----- some of these ads are incredible! At the very minimum, watch the "End of Wars" trailer. It's my favorite so far.

Initially, I was not planning on seeing the opening showing, largely because all the "crazies" show up for opening night. But as time went on, I caved and decided to join the crazies and wait in line. I won't get there until about 6pm, so I imagine I won't have a great spot in line, but it'll be good enough. I plan on seeing it later that day, at least once more. Then on Friday, with some friends from church.

Oh, it might interest you to know that I made a bet with Janet: if she watches all five SW episodes and sees ROTS this weekend sometime, then I will do something "terrible, but within reason" (something of her choosing). Btw, she has to watch them in this order: IV, V, VI, I and II. I'll give you an update onto how she's doing. Mwuaha haha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

In all seriousness, this is going to be the most emotional of the Star Wars movies. Anakin betrays his wife along with his former mentor and the Jedi Order. The Jedi are all but destroyed. The Empire and the Sith rule the galaxy. Whew, it's hard to even write all of that.

May 19th folks. Wednesday at 12:01am (technically it's Thursday morning, I know, I know).

And verily, much w00tage did thus fill the land.

"The boy you trained, gone he is, consumed by Darth Vader" -- Yoda, Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Rustyrust

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

An opening ticket how can I get? Brent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home