Thursday, April 28, 2005

"Good afternoon, American Family, this is Casey, how can I help you?"

My Tuesday was going along fine. Went to skewl. Then was at work. All is well. Unsuspectingly, I answered the telephone with my usual greeting: "Good afternoon, American Family, this is Casey, how can I help you?" The innocent voice on the other end began by coolly explaining her situation: "Yea. I have a problem. I'm really late on making my payment this month, and wanna know what we can do to fix that..."

Thinking nothing of this all-too-common situation, I immediately asked (on instinct) for the woman's last name so I could look up her billing account. Suddenly, the woman begins to giggle. Now, I understand that it can be a little embarassing to be way late on a payment. But I thought I recognized this client's name, so I asked if the last name was " ****** "?

This strange woman began laughing uncontrollably! Okay, now I'm confused. *What's so funny about being late on your payment?*

"Casey..." she said, "ooooh my."

"So this is Miss ******?" I asked.

"Casey ... this is Janet," she said, followed by more uncontrolled laughter.

Yes, Janet Wolfe was the culprit. LOL. We had a good laugh. She totally had me going.

(Oh, and if anyone else wants to call me at work, please, control those urges, and just call my cell phone. Otherwise, the boss might have something to say about it) =)

Thanks for the laugh Janks.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janks told me about that phone call. Cracked me up. I'm glad she could bless your afternoon. ;-)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Hmm...must of had to be there, but it sounded funny.

Tips to all prank callers,

Don't laugh, it gives you away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home