Monday, April 04, 2005

Episode III. See it, I must. Excited, I am

Because we all hate not having control over background music on weblogs, I have two short audio selections for download. First, click here(218 kb). When finished playing that one, click here(2.48 mb). Enjoy!



May 19th. That's the date. The day the Star Wars saga will be drawn to conclusion with the release of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (that is, until Lucas begins production on episodes 7-9 hehe).

Since elementary school I have been a hardcore Star Wars fan. Over summer break before 6th grade I watched a Star Wars movie every day. Oh, and how could I forget to mention that the original trilogy were re-released in theaters when I was in junior high. How glorious it is to see them on the BIG screen. I was a freshmen in high skewl when Episode I made its debut. How exciting to see George's dream come to life with the greatest Jedi battle scene so far. Four years later as a freshmen in college, Episode II was released. I waited all day in line to see it - I was first in line. I have a picture of it somewhere... It was exhilerating to see Anakin get that much closer to the Dark Side of the force.

NOW, May 19th, 2005, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will rock the world.

The teaser trailer was okay. The official movie trailer r0x0rz! This weekend I noticed starwars.com is showing 3 TV ads online.

I am about to reveal my true geekiness. Please, read with caution.

Friday nite, Adam and I left Applebee's when I suddenly realized that it was midnight!!!!!!!!!!! ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What, you don't understand why I was excited? It was April 2nd, and on April 2nd, all the Star Wars toys, posters, and books were released at any 24-hour Walmart Supercenter. I immediately drove over to Walmart. I arrived at 12:08am. I hurriedly walked inside and made my way to the toys. I joined an existing large crowd surrounding all the Star Wars stuff. Joined in, I did, mmm hhmmm mmm hmmm *laughs*. Everyone there had an instant connection: we were Star Wars fans. They smiled at me. I smiled back. Heck, I was smiling before I got to Walmart.

I picked up the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game (which is a lotta fun, btw) and walked towards the check-out. On the way I encountered the greatest temptation I have faced in a long long time. You see, I discovered Revenge of the Sith, THE BOOK!!! I stood there for a long moment. A battle raged inside me. Do I buy it? Do I want to read it before the release of the film? Can I at least pick it up? What I felt must have been analogous to Luke Skywalker's experience in the cave on Degobah. Before thinking any further, I turned and quickly walked away from the stack of books. *whew* Yoda would be pleased.

Later on that day I was at Walmart to pick up a card, aaaaaaand I decided to go look at the new Star Wars area again =). During my adventures I met an older couple (probably in their 60's/70's) who happened to be gathering every piece of Star Wars merchandice in the store. We had a quick conversation until they noticed that I was holding a book that they couldn't find (yes, I caved and bought two Star Wars books during that visit - I better not go back or else run the risk of buying more).

Before the release of ROTS (Revenge of the Sith), I will watch the other five episodes a few times each. At least one or two times all in a row (which is an all day event). In between my regular non-fiction reading, I am reading SW novels. The Star Wars universe is such an intriguing place, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away =).

Oh, I found this picture of a poster being displayed in Greece. My Greek professor got a kick out of it:


Here's my current desktop wallpaper:

You can d/l this, and other Ep3 wallpaper at starwars.com.

The next 6 and a half weeks will seem like an eternity. But I shall await it patiently. Impatience leads to frustration, frustration leads to agony, and agony leads to illegally downloading a copy of the film before it is released =). (Not to worry, I won't do such a thing).

Lord Vader: arise!

May the shwartz be with you,
RustySith

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Hobster said...

Brother, I can empathize with you here. Lucas has let me down enough I can't muster your level of excitement, but on the geekiness front...I'm with you. The only reason I don't have a huge stack of Batman Begins toys, etc. already is I have to buy a plane ticket to South Carolina soon.
Enjoy the next six weeks man...I fear the anticipation will be the greatest reward Lucas gives.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Just so you know Casey, one of my very few memories in junior high was when my junior high leaders decided to take all the jr. high boys to see all the Star Wars sagas (IV, V and VI)when they came out on the big screen. What a great day that was!!! Now, though I don't quite relate to your extreme enthusiasm, I am also looking forward to seeing the final Saga. Dun da dun du da dun da dun da du dun da dun da du da. YES!!!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

I remeber seeing the re-release of the movies with Case. Gosh, we have known each other for a long time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home