Monday, December 18, 2006

"It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!"

If you didn't know, the title of this entry is a famous quote from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

"Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother, and in His name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, let all within us praise His holy name. Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we. Noel, Noel. O Night Divine."

This is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it - the music, the food, the lights, the gifts, spending time with family and friends. Our Christmas tree is up (now fully lit up, and with a star). I plan on putting up a few more strands of lights, though probably not until Wednesday.

To say that Starbucks is busy is the understatement of the year =). But it's fun. I have had more eggnog in the past few weeks than I have in my whole life combined thanks to Starbucks, lol.

Amy Grant is my favorite Christmas singing artist, hands down. Next is Vince Vaughn's Charlie Brown. Then Alvin and the Chipmunks =).

Above all, I enjoy celebrating the birth of the God the Son. It really does thrill my heart to think on the purpose of why the second Person of the Trinity came to earth. Christ, the God-Man came to save His people from their sins. I rejoice at the thought.

On a different note, Eragon was a great movie. The graphics were so-so. Overall, the acting was wonderful. The story though was truly fantastic. I wanna read the books. I also heard the Pursuit of Happiness was awesome. I wanna see that and The History Boys, The Holiday, and The Good Shepherd. So many movies!!!

Finally, I am having a Christmas party this Saturday at my apartment, 6pm. Let me know if you wanna come. Please call my cell to rsvp ya'll.

Case of Base

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Hey Case, I also enjoy celebrating the birth of God the Son. What an amazing truth . . . God in the flesh through Christ.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

The Pursuit of HappYness is the best film of the year - hands down. I'd see it again... let me know if you wanna.

See you Saturday night!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

ah, i just saw Will Smith's movie last night =)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

I haven't seen a movie in ages. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.

/agree with all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home