Friday, December 22, 2006

The Gospel is Such Good News

The Lord blessed me today with the opportunity to explain the gospel, at length, with one of my partners (co-workers) from Starbucks. We planned out a time to meet up and discuss (1) God, (2) the sinfulness of man, and (3) how sinners can have a right relationship with God. We were able to discuss the triunity of God, God's sovereign rulership over His creation, and right to do as He pleases (among many other things). I pounded home the deadness of man in sin, and were we all to receive justice would face death, judgment, and the flames of Hell for eternity. When I began making the transition to the purpose in the Messiah's coming, it really hit home how good the good news of the gospel is. I found myself tearing up at moments because I was amazed at the goodness of God in providing such a remarkable salvation. When we finished I exhorted my friend to examine herself and cry out to God for mercy.

She and I will be starting an on-going Bible study going over various Biblical topics and themes, starting with the basics: the Trinity, Justification by Faith Alone, personal holiness, evangelism, and other such topics.

If you have a moment, pray that God might grant to her faith and repentance unto life.

5 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Prince Cor said...

Right on man. I'll be praying.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

Dude! I was so excited when you told me about that, and it sounds like she was very responsive the whole time. It's encouraging to see how God is giving you opportunities to be a light at Starbucks.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that Case!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

That's way cool, Case. On Christmas Eve I got an opportunity to share the Gospel to my unbelieving family. They had all heard the Good News a million and one times from my parents (not hard to believe, knowing my parents!)... but we were able to clearly lay out the Gospel and to present it for what it really is - not just another religion, but indeed life-giving salvation. Isn't it great to tell people about the hope that we know?

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Seth and Janet said...

rock on dude thanks for being faithful to share! may their be much fruit in her life based upon the seeds you have sown :)

happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home