Monday, March 06, 2006

"Hello There"

You aren’t really supposed to say “Happy Monday” on Monday because well, it’s Monday. Buuut Happy Monday anyway =). This entry will be a bit random, but I have a couple short things to say and I don’t want to make a bunch of teeny tiny entries. Without further a due …

I’m waging war with a cold, but I sound worse than I feel. My voice is always the first thing to shut down, probably because I insist on speaking just as loud and as much. I’m determined to make it to the gym today – do my running, and pump some serious iron.

Wally World (aka Wal-Mart Super center). Midnight tonight. I’ll be there buying my copy of “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” on DVD. Major w00tage indeed. In case you’re wondering if I am dressing up tonight, the answer is: unfortunately not. I didn’t dress up to buy “Revenge of the Sith,” so how could I dress up for Harry Potter?

My fellow channel rat from #prosapologian (AOMin’s chatroom), Julie Staples, posted a “24 Facts on Jack Bower” entry. If you like the TV series “24,” and you need a good laugh, you should definitely read this.

I started teaching a three part series for our junior high class on Wednesday nights. This past Wednesday I taught on absolute monotheism, the belief that there is only one true God. The lesson went wonderfully! The kids were attentive. I think we all had a good time. AND (more importantly) I think they got it. My next lesson will cover that there are three distinct persons sharing the one Being of God, followed by a lesson on the three persons being co-equal and co-eternal with one another.

Finally …

The title for this entry is a quote from a Star Wars film. Who said it and from which film?

This is Rusty, signing off

10 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

I think its Luke from EP4

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Nope; When Obi-Wan finds General Grievous on Utupau in Star Wars III.

BTW, the Jack Bauer lines were hilarious! I laughed at almost every one! Definitely a saver.

Also, I'm proud of you for sharing doctrine with the jr high students. Way to go! BK

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Hobster said...

luke says it to yoda in Ep 4, right?

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Luke can't say it to yoda in ep4. Yoda wasn't in ep4

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

you all are just junkies. I have no IDEA when this quote is uttered... but it sounds like a definite Obi Wan thing to say. Not that I would know, but Ewan Macgregor has this way about him. ;) Relieve us from our suspense and tell us the truth, Rusty.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Hobster said...

ACK! Typo! I meant 5, really!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

But it's such a simple phrase, Casey, any of the characters could have said it...

Oh well...

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

JOHN- This is true!

I actually googled the phrase "hello there" and then put Star wars after it; many different phrases come up from different speakers in different movies. Of the many times "hello there" was spoken, which one were you thinking of case? BK OUT

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Technically, Brent got it right ... aaaaaaalthough, because he admitted to googling it in a later comment, I'm having a hard time giving him the fullest of kudos =)

There are two places the sentence is spoken: (1) in Ep4, Obi Wan's first line is "hello there" to R2D2; (2) in Ep3, Obi Wan says the line to General Grievous.

These are the only two places in the entire Star Wars Saga where "hello there" is spoken =)

yay for Star Wars trivia

The Rusted One

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

YAY! I was right... It was Obi Wan BOTH times. Double whammy. Ok, so I didn't get the exact episode or scene... but, hey! I think, overall, I did pretty well. ;)

Not to be arrogant or anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home