Friday, February 24, 2006

Reaching the Latter-day Saints

If you have a moment, pray for myself and Jerry as we meet with LDS missionaries this Saturday afternoon. We intend to go over the basics of Monotheism (one true God) vs Polytheism (many true gods). This also means that we will have to define the Trinity – which I’m uber excited about. I’m guessing we’ll have about an hour with the missionaries (maybe longer if they decide to stick around).

Elder James gave a lecture years back at a church which is titled: “The Witnessing to Mormons Seminar.” During this lecture, James said something that is so important to keep in mind when engaged in apologetics – “Monotheism, the belief that there is only one true God, is at the core of Christianity. And while we know this basic truth, there are many in our world and even in our own land that don’t know this – Mormons don’t know this. Therefore you should be prepared to show all polytheists, including Latter-day Saints, that there is only one true God – the God of the Bible.” [disclaimer: that is definitely paraphrased =)].

I’ve met with dozens of LDS missionaries, and talked with hundreds of Mormons since I was 16, and not once have I met a Mormon who has had the Trinity clearly explained to them. I pray that Jerry and I are able to share with these elders (missionaries) our belief in the triunity of the one true God.

*******

Mark your calendars because the Mormon Easter Pageant in Mesa is comin up fast. Alpha and Omega Ministries is planning to be out there during the English performances (dates/times tba). Let me know if you’re interested in handing out tracts during that week and witnessing to the Mormon people. Also let me know if you need help learning about Mormonism and/or how to witness to Latter-day Saints, and I’ll get you all the resources you need. I always re-read Is the Mormon My Brother? by James White before April to refresh the ol’ noggin.

Isaiah 45:5-7, “5"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Me there is no God I will gird you, though you have not known Me; 6That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other, 7The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.” (NASB).

In the blessed Savior,
Rustoleum

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Looking forward to hear how it goes.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Casey, I'm anxious to hear how it went. !!!! Please let your readers know - when you get a chance. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home