Monday, February 13, 2006

Got a lot to say

I’ve got a lot to say today.

The Lord has answered so many prayers this week, I am blown away. I reconnected with my best friend, Scott. We cleared the air over everything that has happened over the past few years. It was so good to hear from him, and I cannot express to you the joy I feel having Scott back in my life. Out of the many things I lost as a result from damnable heresy (Hyper-Preterism / Pantelism), the loss of Scott’s friendship was devastating to me. Three years later, God has granted to both of us so much maturity. We’ve been able to talk through all the tough but necessary issues and be amazed at God’s purpose in it all. I have no idea how many hours we have spent talking thus far, but it’s been a blast. I’ve been praying for this day for over 3 years, and God, in His wisdom decided to restore our friendship now. I praise God for His wisdom.

My pastor asked me on Wednesday to share with our congregation the health struggles my mom is presently experiencing. That night I was greatly encouraged as a number of the men lifted my mom and my family up in prayer. It is good to be cared for by fellow believers. Ironically, later that evening around midnight, my dad took my mom to the hospital again. She was again having chest pains and tightness in her upper body. One of the questions the doctor asked my mom was if any of her medications had recently changed. It turns out that they had, and that one of her medications have been creating a potassium deficiency which is the cause for her chest pains. The doctor put her on potassium supplements and now she feels a million times better. What is interesting is that if her medication didn’t change, resulting in a lack of potassium, she wouldn’t have had chest pains … which means we would not have discovered this potentially dangerous “mass” in her chest. Isn’t God’s mighty hand amazing?

I hung out with my old dgroup from GCC after church last night. The topic for that evening was: “Does God continue to give new revelation today?” I was pleasantly surprised to discover that both of the leaders, Dan and Tim were in complete agreement with me. The topic was too much for just one night so Dan extended it to at least next week as well. I am so thankful we’re finally able to get around to the issues of Scriptural Sufficiency, w00t.

By the way, Wednesday I will be posting my paper defending Non-Continuationism (commonly called “Cessationism”) and Sola Scriptura. It’s a little lengthy, but necessary.

Thanks for reading yos (the plural form of “yo”)

This is Rusty, signing off.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

I am so encouraged to hear that my prayers were answered in regards to you reconnecting with Scott . . . that is so cool! What a praise also to hear about your mom. Thanks for keeping us updated friend, and God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home