Monday, January 03, 2005

Have We Graduated from a Beginner's Level?

Aris Allen WingtipIt had been far too long since I'd been swing dancing. Two weeks to be exact. So you can imagine I was a bit nervous and a bit rusty (no pun intended) for Saturday night =). But I put on my new Aris Allens *that's them* and went right to dancing. Simon and Kelly looked wonderful - people were Ooohing and Aaahing! The three of us practiced our moves diligently.

A group of friends also came to Kat's Saturday night: Kyle, Adam, Janet, Melinda, Jessica, Becca, Sussy, Jessica, Jill, and Mike (did I miss anyone?). I did my best to dance with most of them. Everyone did great. Other than my friends, there were a lot of new faces that night. I'm glad to see new folks interested in swing dancing.

The highlight of my night was most definitely dancing with Debbie. Debbie happens to be one of the best dancers at Kat's Corner. We've bumbped into each other enough to become friends. She has been very patient with me while learning Lindy Hop. Believe it or not, I think I am at the point where I no longer bore her with my lead, lol. She's always ready with helpful pointers, and new moves, yay. After doing Lindy with her, I was out of breath and exhausted. But well worth it. Lindy Hop r0x0rz!

After the morning service, Simon, Kelly, Summer and I had our Lindy Hop lesson with Jonathan. Jonathan taught us some new stuff with Charleston, and a difficult move with Lindy. This was the best Summer and I have done together. Near the end of our private lesson, Jonathan made a comment in passing: "This is an intermediate move, but totally leadable with those who have never done it, including beginners..."

I spoke with Simon and Kelly tonight, and we all seem to agree that Jonathan, our instructor, no longer considers us beginners! What a complement! Made our day.

Lindy Hop. It's fun. Everyone should do it.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Lindy rules and I am sucky at it

Please excuse our dust

 

Post a Comment

<< Home