Monday, January 03, 2005

Finding Neverland

Kyle, Fernando and I saw "Finding Neverland" tonight at AMC Mesa Grande. This was me and Kyle's (is this gramattically correct?) second time, and we both enjoyed it once again. Johnny Depp does a fantastic job playing J.M. Barrie, the author of Peter Pan. Kudos to Kate Winslet playing the part of Sylvia - while I'm not a big fan of Winslet, she played her part well. Sylvia's boys were incredible - Freddie Highmore playing the part of Peter was undoubtedly the other star of this film. Freddie, in fact, will be playing Charlie in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (2005), at the request of Johnny Depp.

Last year when "Peter Pan" arrived in theaters, I quickly became a fan of this classic story. Like any fan, I read the book that the film was based on.

Finding Neverland is a tear jurker, for sure. But the movie sheds some interesting light as to how Barrie came to write his tale of a place where kids never grow up - in a magical world called Neverland.

Okay, enough sappy stuff =). I highly recommend this movie.

*two thumbs up*

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Pan has always been a favorite story of mine... i still have to see that movie! ~Christy

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Raheel - I think I'm going to cry now =).

hey, where'd you get your info about Barrie? I'd like to read a biography on him sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home