Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Out With Da Boys

Dan, my old dgroup co-leader, invited me to their sleep over the other night. We arrived at Dan's house around 2:30pm then headed out to the desert to "subdue the earth" (Genesis 1:28). ... which of course means that we brought some guns and blew up stuff =). Dan brought his two new 12 gauge shotguns for us to shoot with. After laying down some rules (keep the safety on until ready to fire, don't shoot at the 4 wheelers, don't shoot each other; you get the point), Dan taught those of us who have never shot guns before. After getting comfortable with the shotguns, we broke into teams and shot clay pigeons. The boys did great! I was surprised how easily I caught on.

Yea so, I like guns. I want a gun. *evil grin* Are you surprised that I want guns... lots of guns? Keep in mind that I am a Republican. More than that, I am a Christian who happens to be a Reformed Protestant. Yay for guns. w00t =)

Once we were back at Dan's place, we played Halo 2 a tad bit until our Bible study. Dan taught from James 5. Suddenly all the emotions and heartache of leaving GCC came back to me in a rush. It wasn't painful, but I think I remembered how much I missed these boys. I love spending time with them. They were such a monumental part of my life for two years, and I didn't want to lose that. They were most certainly the most difficult thing to leave behind at Grace. So I sat back, and enjoyed that hour together with them, studying God's Word.

And we played some more Halo 2!!!

Then we were off to the racetracks. Speedway, a totally kewlio indoor go-kart track. Our group has been a few times before, so we're getting to be pro's at go-kart racing, lemme tell ya. The guys' driving had improved a great deal - oh, did I forget to mention that half of them have their driver's licenses now! (Those wittle 7th graders are 16!) The first race I placed 2nd. I won't tell you how I did in the second race =). But I will tell you that I rammed one of my guys into the wall and spun him out. Good times.

We were up watching Luther till 1:30am, which I hope may have sparked some interest in the Reformation. Do you wanna guess what we did next? HALO 2 some more. On a side note, I am determined to get good at Halo 2. "Yay, Yay" *And there was much rejoicing*

Somehow I managed to get some sleep - after a few short pillow fights, some jokes, getting kicked by Zach and hit by Kev =).

The best part is, I have been at the Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church for a year and a half, and yet when I come to visit my old dgroup, things feel like I never left. They certainly make me feel welcome - I know this because I still get hit really hard with new games of tag, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home