Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Girls

Ah yes, the subject that can always guarantee comments.

The Lord has blessed me with being single at the moment. I am content with where the Lord has me for right now. However, I would not mind at all to be in a dating relationship.

Being single allows me time to reflect on what I find attractive in a girl, what dating standards I have, and how I would like a relationship to go.

For all you avid courtship folk in the universe, you will be interested in what I have to say next. While I do not consider myself one to hold to the courtship model, I have come to realize that I agree with standards often associated with courtship, as opposed to dating like the world. Let's face it, I am old fashioned. I believe a guy respects a girl by setting boundaries in a relationship and therefore focusing on non-physical qualities of the girl. Ya know what else? I am proud to hold to this view of dating. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way.

Random thought: one of my favorite songs titled, "Crazy for this Girl" by Evan and Jaron have a rad chorus:
"Would you look at her as she looks at me?
She's got me thinkin' about her constantly,
But she don't know how I feel,
And as she carries on without a doubt,
I wonder if she's figured out,
I'm crazy for this girl.
Yeah, I'm crazy for this girl."


Girls are great, aren't they?

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

I also believe that regardless of whether you call a relationship dating or courtship, the relationship should be meant to lead two people closer to Christ then if they had never been in that relationship. This doesn’t just apply to girls and guys, but all relationships. If I have a friend that is a guy and our friendship doesn’t sanctify us in some way, then I would have to ask whether we should still be close friends. This mentality is very hard to have, because of selfishness, pride, and sin. However, if a person is a Christian, it is truly possible to do all things for the glory of God, and thus, every relationship should be meant to honor Him.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

I certainly believe that ultimately it does not matter what one calls their relationship with the opposite sex, whether "dating" or "courting." I was trying to differentiate morals often associated with courtship as opposed to the way the world views dating relationships. Just wanted to clear that up =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home