Thursday, December 27, 2007

An Evangelistic Outreach to Muslims

Dr. Oakley (aka Dr. James White) wrote a wonderful blog entry on Christmas Day that I am dying for you all to read. DrO took the time to offer an invitation to his Muslim audience to take a serious look at Christianity.

He pointed out something rather obvious last year that stuck with me, probably because I hadn't yet pieced this together: Islam is a religion dependent on disproving the claims of Christianity. Muhammad, a man 600 years removed from the time of Christ, made numerous claims about Christianity and about himself that completely contradict the Bible. And yet, Islam claims to agree with the teachings of the all the Biblical prophets, including Jesus Christ. It seems clear then that Muhammad ought to be tested by the same standard to which all the prophets of old were held: Deuteronomy 13 and 18.

Also, my parents gave me (for Christmas) DrO's first debate with Shabir Ally (the most prominent Muslim apologist in the English-speaking world), "Is the New Testament We Possess Today Inerrant and Inspired?" I've been very patient and have not listened to the .mp3's yet, 'cause I prefer watching debates on video. I'm thinking about getting some friends together to watch the debate, and perhaps in the future have a book study on Islam where we can discuss how to evangelize our Muslim neighbors - Answering Islam by Geisler came recommended to me by DrO. It was very helpful for me.

Anywho, Happy belated Christmas ya'll!

Rusty

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh oh! Count me it for the video debate watching! : )

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger David & Paige said...

Me too, Casey! I'm game for a good debate, especially one I also have been wanting to watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home