Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I still can't believe it

You will not believe what happened after I saw “United 93.” My two buddies and I decided to go discuss the movie at Bucks. Still in shock, we began talking about the intensity of the film. Somewhere in there I began to talk about how angry I was at the terrorists. I specifically mentioned that “I couldn’t look at the Muslim terrorists and not want to kill them myself.”

It was then that I was interrupted mid-sentence by a young 20-something guy … “Hey! You need to watch your mouth!”

Stunned, I turned towards him and answered in a puzzled tone, “Excuse me?”

“We’re Muslim,” he said, pointing to his family sitting with him.

One of my friends then responded, “So you associate yourselves with them?”

“Who?”

“You associate yourselves with terrorists?” my friend said.

“Well, no,” he said angrily.

“Oh, well that’s who we’re talking about. We’re talking about the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks,” my friend declared.

The family turned their backs to us, and I … I continued right on as if never interrupted. Approximately 60 seconds later the family angrily stood up and left without looking in our direction.

What is most shocking about that whole thing is that even after this Muslim family discovered that we aren’t actively trying to kill Muslims on sight, they didn’t apologize, but remained angry. It makes me wonder … it makes me wonder whose side they are on. I’ll grant the possibility that their pride may have been stepped on, but still, wouldn’t any normal American apologize for such a misunderstanding? Maybe … maybe it wasn’t a misunderstanding after all. Maybe they understood us perfectly. I just don’t know.

Anywho, I had to share that story with ya’ll. Good to get that off my chest =)

Rusty

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger kletois said...

Their loyalty is to Islam. If you keep this in mind then all will fall into place.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

yep, Islam is a fanatical religion. And not a good kind of fantactal either.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

That is crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home