Thursday, January 12, 2006

Starbucks: we're slowly but surely taking over

I needed to review some Greek stuff, so I thought to myself, "Heak, let's head over to Bucks." So I did.

Before I sat down at my table I had James (one of the Baristas) running my way to say hello. James is a believer who frequently is an encouragement to me in the faith. He recently went to a Reformed Conference and was blown away by John Piper's preaching. James told me all about it, and wants to sit and talk more about Piper sometime.

When I finally reach my table, I notice that Ryan is sitting at the table next to me! So we chat for a while. Ryan attends SGM Gilbert.

Eventually I ordered my tall coffee (once the line disappeared - I HATE waiting in line) and bumped into Keelie and Alex, two Baristas at the store. They were chillin, about to go grab some food. I said hello to the other Baristas working: Patrick and Katie.

An hour later, I made it back to my table. Cody, a guy from Amazing Grace (a "Christian" bookstore in Tempe) stopped to say hello. We caught up and then I got some reading done!

Half an hour before closing time, Josh Fortner and his wife came over to say hello. They're both members at EVBC, a solid Reformed Church in the area (my brother is a member). Tonight, they met with Josh's brother, and his brother's girlfriend who both recently became Christians. Josh's brother and his g/f are serious about their repentance and are making some monumental changes. They have a love and a passion for reading the Scriptures. In fact, they recently spent a couple hours just reading the Bible together. Isn't it amazing that all true believers desire to read God's Word? True repentance is evident in the life of all believers.

I left Starbucks tonight mado encouraged. God has truly blessed me with believing friends to regularly talk to. Of course, there are many many I did not blog about that I see throughout the week: at church, my good friends, etc. But tonight was encouraging, and I wanted to share that with ya =)

Romans 1:11, "11For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; 12that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine."

Rusty

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

Matt,

Thanks for the encouragement bro.

I glanced over your blog, and I must know - tell me about the street evangelism you're doing? How's the work? What's your approach? Any positive responses?

Rusty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home