Thursday, January 12, 2006

Starbucks: we're slowly but surely taking over

I needed to review some Greek stuff, so I thought to myself, "Heak, let's head over to Bucks." So I did.

Before I sat down at my table I had James (one of the Baristas) running my way to say hello. James is a believer who frequently is an encouragement to me in the faith. He recently went to a Reformed Conference and was blown away by John Piper's preaching. James told me all about it, and wants to sit and talk more about Piper sometime.

When I finally reach my table, I notice that Ryan is sitting at the table next to me! So we chat for a while. Ryan attends SGM Gilbert.

Eventually I ordered my tall coffee (once the line disappeared - I HATE waiting in line) and bumped into Keelie and Alex, two Baristas at the store. They were chillin, about to go grab some food. I said hello to the other Baristas working: Patrick and Katie.

An hour later, I made it back to my table. Cody, a guy from Amazing Grace (a "Christian" bookstore in Tempe) stopped to say hello. We caught up and then I got some reading done!

Half an hour before closing time, Josh Fortner and his wife came over to say hello. They're both members at EVBC, a solid Reformed Church in the area (my brother is a member). Tonight, they met with Josh's brother, and his brother's girlfriend who both recently became Christians. Josh's brother and his g/f are serious about their repentance and are making some monumental changes. They have a love and a passion for reading the Scriptures. In fact, they recently spent a couple hours just reading the Bible together. Isn't it amazing that all true believers desire to read God's Word? True repentance is evident in the life of all believers.

I left Starbucks tonight mado encouraged. God has truly blessed me with believing friends to regularly talk to. Of course, there are many many I did not blog about that I see throughout the week: at church, my good friends, etc. But tonight was encouraging, and I wanted to share that with ya =)

Romans 1:11, "11For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; 12that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine."

Rusty

2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Rusty,

Thanks for providing some very good reading on very wholesome subjects. I think my sister will find all of this particularly helpful because she has recently been discussing the gospel with Jehovah's Witnesses, and it will be good for her to have some more passages of scripture to look at, as well as (thanks to TJ) some more information on where Jehovah's Witnesses are coming from on translation.

Thanking God for your good teaching in the Word of Christ (Col 3:16).

Matt from London

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Rusty said...

Matt,

Thanks for the encouragement bro.

I glanced over your blog, and I must know - tell me about the street evangelism you're doing? How's the work? What's your approach? Any positive responses?

Rusty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home