Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Evangelism Bucks-style

I was chillaxing at Bucks waiting to meet up with a bud to go see King Kong. While chillaxing, I noticed a guy reading his Bible. I sat down next to him and asked if he was a Christian. “I’m a Jehovah’s Witness,” he said. I told him that I was a Christian. After chatting for a few minutes I said, “Well I’m a Trinitarian and would love to talk to you about the Trinity sometime?” We’re meeting this Thursday at Bucks.

I have been studying like a madman. Re-read The Forgotten Trinity and Reasoning from the Scriptures with Jehovah’s Witnesses. I’m also memorizing arguments about relevant passages including translation issues. This is the first time I will be incorporating the Greek text into a discussion, so I want to be prepared =).

I’d appreciate your prayers for this Thursday.

This also means that I probably won’t have any time to post apologetic/theological posts until after this meeting =). But I’ll try and keep up with the blogosphere.

The Rusted One

5 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger kletois said...

Rusty, may your witness be used by Jesus to His glory. I remember my apologia with JWs fondly. Alas they dont come around to my doorstep much anymore - I wonder if I was black banned or something. Oh well.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger kletois said...

I have to say the black ban comment was somewhat tongue in cheek

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

TJ,

I'll let you know how our conversation goes.

In the near future, I would also enjoy discussing the Trinity with you, and relevant passages. I'm currently taking 2nd year New Testament Greek, so we could probably have a descent conversation =)

Thanks for the comment

Casey

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

tj,

I'm taking a class at my church. A number of men at church know koine Greek exceptionally well (including Dr. James White - a seminary professor who has taught Greek for years). So I have the benefit of getting nudged along by their encouragement, or kicking/prodding when I fall behind in my studies =)

Are you in school? What do you do for a living? Married?

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

tj,

I'm a senior at Arizona State Univ., Secondary Ed. major, and hope to teach junior high history. Still single, but looking. And umm, hoping I'm ready to enter the "real world" =)

--Case of Base

 

Post a Comment

<< Home