Friday, December 09, 2005

What shall I delete next?

I'm cheap when it comes to computer software. I really despise spending money on anything other than really important programs. freeware.com, cnet.com and download.com have become favorites of mine over the years.

Being the cheapscate that I am, I refuse to buy something as unimportant as antivirus software. Thankfully Microsoft directs you to a dozen or more trial versions of antivirus products. And so I've gone through McAffee, Symantic ... you name it, I've used it. When my trial time was up, I switched to EZ Anti-Virus. This software functioned fairly well, until it deleted mIRC, a wonderful chat program. For some reason it saw mIRC was as a flood virus and deleted it ... twice. Unfortunately I was not intelligent enough the first time around to discover EZ deleted it. It happened again last night. I was not a happy camper =).

To make a long story short, don't use EZ Anti-Virus. I uninstalled it from my computer.

Let's all say goodbye to EZ Anti-Virus ...

This is the Rusted One, signing off

4 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Hobster said...

AVG Free Antivirus works really well--they've recently started to make it difficult to find the free version on their site (go through downloads.com)

FREE baby, FREE.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Brent Klontz said...

If you are an ASU student, or possibly even MCC or CGCC, you can get free anti-virus software if you go to the computer lab and talk with the computer techs. Jus bring in your own disc so they can download the software for you. I had free software the whole time in college, and now I have the CD so I still have free antivirus software. Yeah boy!

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can use the one i bought. come visit and i'll give it to you. McAfee. I like it. I put it on Becca's and I put it on Jan's (she doesn't know yet cuz the hard drive failed before i could give it to her... unrelated to any virus). In any case, i avoided all problems by switching to mac...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger rustypth said...

and we all know why there's only a few viruses for Macs? ... because no one owns Macs =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home