Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What's New in the Life of the Rusted One?

What’s new in the life of the Rusted One? Here’s the summarized version: school started back up, I got a promotion at Starbucks, I will probably start new training at AmFam, still workin for AOMin, teaching the junior high class at church, and I decided to start swing dancing again! I’m still looking for a wife, getting ready for the OOTP and Relient K’s new album.

Yes, it is true, I am now a Shift Supervisor for the Starbucks Coffee Corporation. I’m finished with training and have run one successful shift. I’m surprised by how much responsibility they’ve given me. I run the store when I’m a Shift which is way exciting. My store has great Baristas, so it is super easy to do my job.

I had a rough rough practice shift: computers were down for two hours straight, someone called in sick, one person was late during which time we got crazy busy, I had to go to another Store to pick up product, and I stayed an hour late. Noooot the best first experience =). But that is not a normal shift, so yay for that.

While I’m in school I want to continue progressing, and make a possible career move by continuing training at American Family Insurance. Stay tuned for updates.

My junior high class at church is now in chapter 2 of Romans, and we are movin right along. They are comprehending the material which is rewarding for me to see. I love those kids so much.

Swing dancing. I haven’t gone yet, but I am planning on it. I love it. But I do need some major practice before I step one foot on that dance floor. I’m hoping Heather might be willing to spend some time with me =)

Yes, still looking for a wife. If I know you well, feel free to keep an eye open for me.

OOTP comes on July 13th. Uber excited about that one. I’m gonna reread the series before it comes out.

Finally, Relient K’s new album comes out in March, which I’m sure will r0x0rz. Relient K is officially my favorite band of all time.

That’s it for now.

Casey of Basey

5 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger MarieP said...

So how many weeks is Doc giving you to teach through Romans ;)

Seriously, wow, glad to see the update. Keep on serving Him joyfully :) Praying for you.

Marie

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Everything you said was super cool, but...

I couldn't help but be excited about SWING DANCING again! I'm sure Heather will be glad to refresh you... I've been hittin' the Kat's every now and again... but I definitely want to improve my less than stellar skills, and besides, in terms of hobbies, few things are a whole lot more fun. Other than writing (for me). ;)

Good stuff, Case. God bless.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Brian said...

What an exciting time in your life!! Thanks for the update, Mr. Busyboy! Congratulations on the promotion!!! Are you still at Stapley/60? Oh ya, training is always great. And here is a promise, well maybe not a promise but something I will look into -- once my insurance record is clear, I would definitely like to chat!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Prince Cor said...

Rock on brother. Let me know about future career changes, eh? I will certainly pray about your job stuff (and your wife-search). I will give you a call on Friday; we've got to finish The God Who Justifies! We've all been busy, but we should finish man.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Thanks for more updates. Maybe I'll have to bust out the ole swing dancing shoes again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home